Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bean and Corn Salad

Now, what was the first word that came to your mind when you saw this picture? Yum? or Yuck? For me, well I would have thought yuck, because I really don't care for peppers and onions. But after a quick taste, I would regret what I had said, and change it to a "Yum". I made this today, so we could have it for supper. It was the first time I made it myself, and while getting all the ingredients out I thought, "This looks really disgusting! But it tastes soo good!" I really think you should try it, if you've not already!

You'll need:
2 cans whole kernel corn
(actually I just used a bag of frozen corn)

2 cans black beans
1 small chopped onion
1 red pepper and 1 green pepper, chopped
(we didn't have any red, just green)

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cumin

Heat the dressing thoroughly and pour over vegetables.
It is best to make the day before, and it can keep for several days.

Remember...it's REALLY good!!!

5 comments:

Missy said...

ok... I have to admit... the colors look kinda pretty, but as far as actually eating it...

...maybe...

...someday...

;)

Kate said...

Mmm! I would definitely say that looks really delicious! - A good Summer dish. Thank you for following me by the way! :)

Christina said...

Em - We got this recipe from Mrs. Gardiner when she made for a fellowship dinner. Maybe she'll bring it again and you can try it.

Kate - You're welcome, I really enjoy reading your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's where my mom got the recipe... it's ok, I guess, but I don't like the taste of the onions.
It looks pretty though. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought I commented on this....Oh well. Anyways. I made it! It was really good. One thing I would add is which cans to drain. The black beans could have used draining. :D
Thanks!