Friday, April 2, 2010

Daffodils

We bought these for Easter on the side of the road on our way home from co-op. I couldn't help taking pictures of them. They are beautiful!


"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."
-Song of Solomon 2:11-12

I don't know about you, but I was a little confused when I read "the voice of the turtle". So I looked it up and it really means "turtledove".

2 comments:

Missy said...

Sooo pretty! I was a little confused too, but always assumed it was a turtle and thought that maybe in some places turtles actually make some type of noise in the spring. :Z :D I guess I should have looked that up too! :)

ajfcello said...

Chris,
You take awesome pictures! I also really enjoy photography, but I don't have an eye like you. : ) I can't wait to see more pictures!
Anna
Flora