Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Update

This past weekend we (Mom, Heather and I) had the privilege of going to Indianapolis for the True Woman Conference.  We were able to stay at some very good friends of ours and were there from Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon.

Originally I was not going to go.  I really didn't like the idea of being around thousands of people...I'm not a big crowd kind of person.  But then I was given the opportunity to go free!  :)  I had to rethink my decision then, and after some encouragement from Mom and Heather I decided I'd go. 

There ended up being 6,000 plus ladies (and teens) at the conference!!!  On Friday they had a 'teen track' where us teens could have our own session...there were 400 of us.  It was a bit overwhelming at times, but we managed.  

On Friday morning Dannah Gresh (she co-authored with Nancy Leigh DeMoss on Lies Young Woman Believe) spoke to us teens on giving our desires up for the LORDI think nearly every girl in that room was convicted and had a desire in their heart that they knew they had to give up...including me.  It has changed my whole way of thinking pretty much now, and I am ever so grateful to my God!

So despite the thousands and thousands of people practically everywhere, I believe it was totally worth it! 

I'll be posting pictures of the city (it had such unique/pretty buildings!) as soon as I can.  But for now, I'll leave you with this one I took on Friday on the way to the conference building.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hear that conference is REALLY good! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D That's a lot of people there!